What is Summer Camp? It's a collection of RECESS style PD sessions hosted in the summer!
Each Summer Camp session is designed to be a 3-hour recess-style session with an emphasis on practical application in the classroom. As such, instructors have been asked to have each three-hour session include demonstration, application, and guided “playtime.” Ideally, attendees will leave each session with a concrete idea of how to apply their new learning (e.g. a unit outline, the beginning of a lesson, etc.).
PD hours will be awarded for each session you attend. Additionally, if attendees take 15 hours worth of summer camp sessions, they will earn one graduate credit towards salary advancement.
Please review the calendar of sessions and descriptions below!
Ready to register? Click here!
Note: Please complete a form for EACH session you wish to take!
- The Four Resilience Beliefs and Practice Classroom Strategies to Foster Them
- Assessment and Instruction Using Videos
- Rev Up Your Writing Instruction Using a Writer's Workshop Approach
- Grow Your EdTech Garden
- Trevor Mackenzie: Dive Into Inquiry
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Mindfulness Practices for the Classroom
- Teaching Isn't Telling and Learning Isn't Listening: Increasing the Cognitive Lift in the Science Classroom
- Canvas for Newbies
- Using Technology to Enhance Student Engagement in the Classroom
- Formative Assessments: Tips and Tricks
- You Can Be An Influencer; Developing your Online Teacher Brand
- Creating assessments with Canvas New Quizzes
- Organizing Your Canvas Course
- Increasing Student Engagement through the Station-Rotation Model
- Evidence-Based Strategies to Improve Student Learning
- The ABCs of AAC