Riding the Bus
District 155 will comply with ISBE and IDPH guidelines to ensure the safety of students and staff who ride the bus. Prior to boarding the bus, parents will need to complete a symptom self-certification for their student(s). This includes symptom and temperature checks. Parents will use an app to verify their student(s) is free of symptoms. The student will show the app prior to boarding the bus.
- All individuals on a bus must wear a face covering, unless they meet a face covering exception. No more than 50 individuals may be on a bus at one time.
- Allow as much space as possible between each individual on a bus and maintain social distancing as much as possible.
- It is recommended that students from the same household sit together on a bus.
- Students will be assigned a seat on the bus. Once students arrive at school they will need to complete a temperature screening before entering the building.
- Drivers and monitors must wear approved and appropriate PPE, perform regular hand hygiene and must undergo symptom and temperature checks.
Buses will be disinfected with a spray disinfectant between each route. Each night the bus will be sprayed with an electrostatic sprayer.
Bus transportation for eligible students will resume on Tuesday, January 19. Students and parents can check their bus route information in Skyward.
The district will publish the transportation schedule for asynchronous Wednesdays the week of January 4, 2021.