- Students will be required to attend all live events scheduled during their assigned class time.
- Students must keep their cameras and audio ON throughout the lesson or until such time as the teacher releases the class.
- Students will log onto Canvas daily and will be responsible to complete all posted assignments.
- Students will abide by all school policies in the student handbook, including the acceptable use policy for technology.
- Students may receive asynchronous instruction (videos, readings, assignments, etc.) outside of assigned class times to engage in during their off day from the class.
- Students need to communicate with teacher(s) any needs related to engaging in Remote Learning.
- Parents should encourage their child to complete assigned work.
- Parents should communicate concerns with teachers, related service staff, and/or support staff.
- Parents should consider appropriate working conditions for your child(ren) to find success throughout the entire school closure period.
- Parents should support your child(ren)’s participation and engagement in Remote Learning each day.
Teacher & Staff Expectations
- Teachers will take “daily” attendance and enter into Skyward.
- Teachers will post all assignments to Canvas and update the weekly overviews and calendar.
- Assignments will be posted by the start of class on the assigned day.
- Teachers will post all grades to Canvas which will then transfer to Skyward.
- Teachers will only require live instruction/class meetings during their scheduled class times.
- Teachers will provide both synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities during their scheduled class time.
- Teachers will ensure that activities allow for students at home to participate fully.
- Staff will be available for student/parent questions or concerns. Staff will respond to email or messages within a reasonable timeframe. Emails or messages received after 2:30 p.m. may not be responded to until the subsequent day.
- Teachers will contact parents/guardians and/or related service or support staff (counselor, dean, case manager) if there are concerns about student engagement and/or work completion.
- **Teachers may schedule time for students to come in-person to complete labs, complete an assessment, or other activities with approval from the Principal.**
- Administrators will provide support and assist with problem-solving with staff and families.
- Administrators will manage systems and procedures to ensure student access to instructional resources/materials (i.e. Chromebooks, etc.)
- Administrators will provide continuous communication and support for Remote Learning.
- Administrators will keep a focus on student social-emotional well-being.
- Administrators will contact parents/guardians and/or related service or support staff (counselor, dean, case manager) if there are concerns about student engagement and/or work completion.
- Administrators will establish and/or support collaborative structures to best support teacher innovation and practice.
- Administrators will review and respond to teacher, student, and parent feedback
- Administrators will communicate daily with teachers and counselors to address questions or support needs