Parent University is District 155’s premier event for current and future parents. With expert presenters from the community and district, Parent University provides practical information to help parents successfully guide their children through the high school years. The event is free and open to all current District 155 parents and those who will have a freshman in the district’s Class of 2024.
Save the Date!
12th Annual Parent University
February 22, 2020
Host School: Crystal Lake Central High School
45 W. Franklin Ave.
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
|8:00 - 8:30 a.m.||Registration|
|8:30 - 9:30 a.m.||Keynote|
|9:40 - 10:30 a.m.||Session A|
|10:40 - 11:30 a.m.||Session B|
|11:40 - 12:30 p.m.||Session C|
- Parents are welcome and encouraged to take separate courses so that you can get the most out of Parent University.
- Courses are filled on a first-come, first serve basis.
- Please choose options for each session. Every effort will be made to accommodate your first choice, but occasionally your second option may be used.
- Your final schedule will not be available until the morning of Parent University.
- You will not receive a confirmation of your registration prior to attending the event.
- Walk-in registrations are welcome where space permits.
- A Modern Day Perspective of Post Secondary Options
- Anger Management
- The College Process (Juniors/Seniors)
- A Day in the Life: Navigating the School System
- Dealing with Teen Depression
- Digital Privacy in 2020: Keeping Teens Safe
- District 155 Web Resources: Naviance
- Executive Functioning Skills
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- High School 101
- Legal Issues
- Navigating Adolescent Dating
- Our LGBTQ Children: Questions & Answers Families of LGBTQ Youth
- Parenting with Equity
- Parenting Strategies to Teach Students to Use Technology Safely & Independently
- Post Secondary Options - Freshmen/Sophomores
- Teens and Anxiety
- Teens and Vaping: What's Behind the Smoke