Parent University is District 155’s premier event for current and future parents. With expert presenters from the community and district, Parent University provides practical information to help parents successfully guide their children through the high school years. The event is free and open to all current District 155 parents and those who will have a freshman in the district’s Class of 2026.
Walk-in Registration 8:00 - 8:30 a.m.
Schedule Pick-Up 8:15 - 8:30 a.m.
Keynote Address: 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
Breakout Session A 9:40 - 10:30 a.m.
Breakout Session B 10:40 - 11:30 a.m.
Breakout Session C 11:40 - 12:30 p.m.
About the Keynote Presentation
Missy Berg, LCPC, will discuss how technology and adults are affecting our teens' academic and social-emotional development. She will share research and strategies to help adults foster teens' development and provide academic and social skills necessary for life.
- Anger Management (Session B2)
- Building Resilient Teens (Session A1)
- The College Process — Juniors/Seniors (Session C1)
- A Day in the Life: Navigating the School System (Session A2)
- Dealing with Teen Depression (Session B4)
- Discover Military Options After High School (Session A6)
- Executive Functioning Skills (Session C6)
- Financial Aid & Scholarships (Session A4)
- High School 101 (Session B5)
- Juvenile Law Trends (Session C2)
- Navigating Adolescent Dating (Session C5)
- Parenting Tips When You Struggle with Your Teen (Session A1)
- Post Secondary Options - Freshmen/Sophomores (Session B1)
- Teens and Anxiety (Session A3 or Session B3)
- The Sub"urban" Dictionary (Session A5)
- Using Mindful Strategies to Help You & Your Children Survive the Pandemic and Other Life Stressors (Session B6)
Please note: This page contains links to documents that are in Adobe's PDF format. If you have accessibility needs that make it difficult for you to access and / or interpret information in PDF format, please call 815-455-8500 or email email@example.com, and we will be happy to assist you.