Parent University is District 155’s premier event for current and future parents. With expert presenters from the community and district, Parent University provides practical information to help parents successfully guide their children through the high school years. The event is free and open to all current District 155 parents and those who will have a freshman in the district’s Class of 2026.
February 26, 2022
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Location: Crystal Lake South High School
1200 S. McHenry Ave, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Registration Deadline: Friday, February 25
Walk-in Registration 8:00 - 8:30 a.m.
Schedule Pick-Up 8:15 - 8:30 a.m.
Keynote Address: 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
Breakout Session A 9:40 - 10:30 a.m.
Breakout Session B 10:40 - 11:30 a.m.
Breakout Session C 11:40 - 12:30 p.m.
About the Keynote Presentation
The keynote speaker will be Tom Farley, community relations coordinator for Rosecrance and best selling author of “The Chris Farley Show.” He will join colleagues to discuss mental health. They will outline disorders, discuss therapies available, and define healthy coping skills. Farley will also share his personal experiences, how his family was touched by addiction and how to connect with those struggling.
- A Modern Day Perspective of Post Secondary Options (Session A5)
- Anger Management (Session B2)
- The College Process — Juniors/Seniors (Session C1)
- A Day in the Life: Navigating the School System (Session A2)
- Dealing with Teen Depression (Session B4)
- Executive Functioning Skills (Session C6)
- Financial Aid & Scholarships (Session A4)
- High School 101 (Session B5)
- Legal Issues (Session C2)
- Navigating Adolescent Dating (Session C5)
- Our LGBTQ Children: Questions & Answers Families of LGBTQ Youth (Session C7)
- Parenting Tips When You Struggle with Your Teen (Session A1)
- Post Secondary Options - Freshmen/Sophomores (Session B1)
- Teens and Anxiety (Session A3 or Session B3)
- Teens and Vaping: What's Behind the Smoke (Session C4)
- Building Resilient Teens (Session C3)