Parent University is District 155’s premier event for current and future parents. With expert presenters from the community and district, Parent University provides practical information to help parents successfully guide their children through the high school years. The event is free and open to all current District 155 parents and those who will have a freshman in the district’s Class of 2023.
- Parents are welcome and encouraged to take separate courses so that you can get the most out of Parent University.
- Courses are filled on a first-come, first serve basis.
- Please choose options for each session. Every effort will be made to accommodate your first choice, but occasionally your second option may be used.
- Your final schedule will not be available until the morning of Parent University.
- You will not receive a confirmation of your registration prior to attending the event.
- Walk-in registrations are welcome where space permits.
*Registration deadline is Friday, February 11, 2019*
Jacqueline A. Rhew, LCPC and Dr. Robin Choquette
We are responsible for raising a future generation of healthy, resilient adults. Developing confidence, problem solving strategies, distress tolerance and communication skills are fundamentals that are imperative for our children to learn before launching into adulthood. We also want our children to have confidence that they can handle difficult situations, overcome adversity, and even bravely face failure. In doing this, we prepare our youth to move beyond their physical and emotional boundaries, recognize their capabilities, know their strengths and weaknesses, and learn that failure is just as important as success.