Because irregular or poor attendance denies the student opportunities to maximize benefits from teachers and fellow students, the following policies have been adopted:
- A parent or guardian must call the school each day a student misses all or part of his/her school day.
- You may leave information on the automated voice mail system 24 hours a day, or you may call the switchboard between the hours of 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Written notes are not acceptable to excuse absences.
- Failure to call the school within 24 hours of a student absence results in an unexcused absence or truancy.
- A student is only allowed SIX days of absence without question, per semester, provided there is a call from a parent. (Note: Absences that are valid and accompanied by supporting documentation are not counted toward the six days of absence.) Please see student handbook or the website for further information.
District 155 uses an automated calling system to alert parents when their student is considered absent/ truant. The notification system also allows the school to communicate via text message. Parents and guardians who gave permission to be called and/or texted and provided a mobile phone number during online registration will receive attendance notifications. Parents and guardians can revoke this consent at any time by notifying Shannon Podzimek, director of communications, firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the instructions in the automated phone call or text messages. Please ensure that your primary number stays up-to-date throughout the year so that we can provide you with pertinent information if necessary.